Monday, May 18, 2009

Wow it's almost been a month !!!!

I was finally able to reply back on ANZAC day & got all excited but alas I couldn't log in the following day & have not tried since because I was so cranky !

I really have so much to catch up on & loads to post about ... As always crappy photos included HAH !

So I finally decided tonite to get over my little hissy fit & post .... So here goes ....

I have had the excuse that the boys ( and even myself ! ) have been rather sick though which I can at least hope to get a note to excuse my absence ... Mr McBoof of course is always up & about within days while poor Master G gets knocked around for weeks ... Master G is yet again sick & looks like I am going to have to get used to it now being the season of sickness !

This photo taken the other day makes me go aaawwwwwww .... Nothing beats cuddles with someone when you are sick !



And in light of Hoppo Bumpo's post about Allergy Awareness week I shall hopefully share a little part of the journey we have had with Master G in his short life so far at some point through this week !

It isn't an allergy issue but what falls under an intolerance but for him is just as life threatening ... I just hope that more people take note of these issues as they are very real for many of us parents.

We aren't being neurotic or depriving our kids of 'having a little fun' we are making sure that they don't become seriously ill or worse. It is a very big reality for some of us & it's not something to be taken lightly, I know it's hard to understand at times when you aren't living it but please take notice & listen to those when they speak of their child's issues. You can never learn enough !


2 comments:

Liesl said...

Its good to meet someone else who understands the frustrations of living with serious intolerances, malabsoptions and allergies!

Parenting is a hard anough task without (ignorant) people questioning or try to undermine your child's well-being and safety.

Hope Master G gets better soon. Six illnesses a year the experts say. We have only ticked two off our list for the year. Winter is looking grim!

Connie Lawless said...

Well said! I have been dealing with my daughters allergies for almost 18 years. Frustrating and heartbreaking isn't it?