Saturday, April 4, 2009

Kids & their parties ....

No, no this isn't going to be a rant about terrible teenagers & parties of the notorious 'Corey' type ...

Boof is going to his first birthday party outside of my friends kids ...

A little boy from Kindy has invited him to his party tomorrow.

I am soooo happy because it's for a little boy that I know that he has become close with & the teachers call them ' little old men ' because they have their own ways of doing things & stick together like glue.

It also means that we as parents have the opportunity to meet his family & get to know them which I look forward to because they will be going to the same school next year, so I really hope this starts a strong bond between them.

So I guess this means I shall have to be on my best behaviour tomorrow to impress .... Oh the burden !

Anywhos I decided to take the plunge & make a few items for this little boys gift .... Game I know but hey ya gotta take that leap sometimes ! If they don't like/ appreciate them so be it but hopefully they will at least be useful which I am pretty sure they will be !

One pencil roll .... 20 Bloody pencil slots later .... Won't choose that pack of pencils again !!! How many kids really appreciate that many shades of blue, green & purple anyways ?!?!?!

I used a basic cotton with a dinosaur print, a fat quarter & some denim for a more rustic look on the outside ...






And a library bag that I sorta stuffed up but hey it still works ! Oh & it probably should have a thicker heavier weight cotton for durability but I liked that they matched so I just used the quilters cotton as the block at the bottom which will hopefully keep things in check !


Inside I have a dinosaur colouring pack with a 'Hairy McLairy' CD & read a-long book ... Gotta love Hairy !!!

3 comments:

Krissy said...

They look brilliant . . I love pencil roll . . best gifts!

Liesl said...

Great gifts. I am laughing about the number of pencils in the roll - 20 you say? You're good. I'm so lazy, I try and look for packs of pencils with 6 or less! I had even wondered whether you could roll a single grey lead!

Allyoo said...

I know I am crazy !

Next time it shall be the single lead pencil me thinks !